The 1lb/500g San Franciscan Roaster™ Model SF-1
A robust sample/profile roaster boasting the same quality as the larger roasters
The San Franciscan Roaster™ SF-1 is one of the best made and most popular sample/profile roasters on the market. It’s a robust platform that roasts from 8 ounces (200g) to 1.3 pounds (600g) of green coffee per batch with up to 3 roasts per hour giving you a maximum roast capacity of 4lbs. per hour (1.8kg/hr). It will run on either Natural Gas (LNG) or Propane (LP).
Quality is not compromised on these small roasters, they feature the same workmanship our larger machines are famous for and the roasting characteristics, including roasting time, BTU’s and air flow, are directly proportional to our larger roasters.
This beautiful roaster with solid brass exterior features is not just capable of producing the finest of roasts – it also makes a captivating centerpiece for any coffee house or roasting facility.
It’s a powerful tool in any roastery for profiling, training, and roasting the high-end micro-lot boutique coffees.
All the San Franciscan Roaster™ line of coffee roasters are 100% American made, using the finest components available in the US. In addition to the usual quality brass fixtures and American made gauges, the SF-1lb also is mounted on a rich walnut baseboard custom made for us by John Boos Company.
Specifications for the San Franciscan Roaster™ Model SF-1
- San Franciscan Roasters are built completely in The United States of America
- The SF-1 has the same quality instrumentation as the larger San Franciscan roasters
- Parts can be purchased in the USA or internationally
- Maintenance is easy and simple. The pipes and motors are exterior and can be taken off to clean.
- The cooling tray detaches for easy cleaning
- The chaff cyclone is in the cylinder that sits behind the roaster, making it much easier to clean
- Fan motor assembly can be completely removed from the roaster for easy cleaning
- The roaster has RTD probes that measure the bean temperature and the environment temperature. The probes connect to a dual-digital display that shows both temperatures simultaneously during the roast.
- A high-quality gas pressure gauge allows the user to closely monitor BTU input.
- San Franciscan roasters are powder coated on premises providing a very durable finish.
- The San Franciscan Roaster and drum are hand-fabricated of 100% schedule 40 steel. This ideal material maintains excellent thermal transfer characteristics without becoming brittle over time.
- Roasting time is 10-15 minutes depending on roast-master preference
- The face-plates are 1/4” steel
- San Franciscan roasters are made with well known high quality American made motors, sprockets, bearings and other components by companies such as Baldor, Morris, Martin Bearings, Honeywell components, etc.
- Comes complete with temperature probes for bean and environment temperatures, gas pressure gauge and hot-air control.
- San Franciscan Roasters are compatible with most data-logging programs and your choice of data logger can easily be built into your new roaster.